Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge is committed to providing a professional, efficient and courteous service to all our customers.
Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge is the central steering council for the Irish language community. Its mission is to 'strengthen and consolidate goodwill and support for the Irish language and its usage as a living language so that it may be used freely and widely in all aspects of Irish life'.
Our Commitments to our customers
Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge aims to provide an excellent service that reflects your needs and expectations. To achieve this, we make the following commitments:
Policy Development and Implementation
We will aim to ensure that our contribution to the development and implementation of Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge policies adds value to the achievement of our goals.
Responding to You
You will receive clear, timely and concise replies to all correspondence, including e-mails. If your correspondence relates to matters outside our organisation we will do our best to assist you and put you in contact with the relevant organisation / person.
If you contact us by telephone, courteous and helpful staff will deal with your query without delay or, if they are unable to respond to the query, arrange for someone to do so.
Meetings will be organised and conducted efficiently and effectively. You can expect excellent meeting facilities, timely notification and advance circulation of clear and concise documentation for each meeting.
Visitors to Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge
All visitors to Comhdháil Náisiúnta an Gaeilge will be treated in a courteous manner and directed to their correct destination quickly.
We will provide members of the media with comprehensive and timely briefings and accurate information. Appropriate staff will also be available to ensure that you receive a prompt and satisfactory response to your queries.
The Irish Language
The Irish language is the official working language of Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge.
Websites and publications
We will provide accessible, informative and usable websites. We will ensure that our publications are clear and concise.
Diversity and Equality
We will respect the principles of equality, and the diversity of our customers, in the delivery of all services.
We will operate clear, impartial and transparent tendering/purchasing procedures.
Evaluation and reporting
This Charter has been developed following consultation with a wide range of our customers.
We have defined criteria by which we will assess our performance against each of our commitments and will regularly survey our customers on the quality of the services we provide. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Measuring and Evaluating Performance
We will put appropriate mechanisms in place to measure and evaluate performance against the commitments in our Charter, which we will keep under review in order to continuously improve our service.
The indicators we will use to measure performance:
Policy Development and Implementation:
* Progress reported against the strategic objectives/priorities in our Strategy Statement
* Feedback from customers on our contribution to policy development
* Information on role/staff are on our websites and in relevant publications
* Contact name, telephone number and email address of person dealing with the matter included in all written and email correspondence
* All correspondence acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt.
* Full response to all correspondence within 15 working days of receipt or, where this is not possible, an interim reply to issue explaining the position and advising when a substantive response will issue.
* All e-mails requiring a response acknowledged within 1 working day of receipt
* Full response to all such e-mails within 15 working days of receipt or, where this is not possible, an interim reply to issue explaining the position and advising when a substantive response will issue.
* Use of automated e-mail responses by all staff when out of the office.
* 90% of calls to main switchboard of An Chomhdháil be answered within 15 seconds.
* All callers directed to correct member of staff/section.
* All staff identify themselves to caller when answering telephone.
* Response by staff to voicemail messages within 1 working day.
* Voicemail messages updated as appropriate to indicate staff availability.
* Notice of meetings at least 1 week in advance (unless agreed with participants)
* Papers for meetings circulated at least three working days in advance (unless agreed with participants)
* Customer satisfaction levels with the organisation and conduct of meetings
* Customer satisfaction levels with the facilities provided
Visitors to Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge:
* Customer satisfaction levels with facilities and services provided.
* Visitors collected from reception within 5 minutes of their expected arrival time.
Major policy speeches and press releases published on website within 1 working day
Customer satisfaction levels with services provided
The Irish Language is the main working language of Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge and the organisation are committed in promoting the language at all levels.
Equality and Diversity:
Steps taken to raise staff awareness of equality/diversity issues
All procurements carried out using clear tendering procedures.
How we will measure our performance:
* We will use a range of measurement/evaluation tools, both qualitative and quantitative, to measure our performance, including:
* Feedback and suggestions from our customers on an ongoing basis
* Consulting our customers through surveys, in-depth interviews, focus groups
* Using internal management information
* Disability Audits, compliance with National Health and Safety Standards, external evaluation of websites.
* We will invest in customer service training for staff, particularly those in regular contact with members of the general public.